W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today reported net income for the third quarter of 2012 of $101 million, or 71 cents per share, compared with $76 million, or 53 cents per share, for the third quarter of 2011.
Summary Financial Data
(Amounts in thousands, except per share data)
|Gross premiums written||$||1,494,724||$||1,306,300||$||4,327,170||$||3,821,434|
|Net premiums written||1,275,887||1,126,139||3,670,404||3,266,857|
|Net income per diluted share||0.71||0.53||2.41||1.87|
|Operating income (1)||86,136||62,626||283,360||227,274|
|Operating income per diluted share||0.61||0.43||1.98||1.55|
(1) Operating income is a non-GAAP financial measure defined by the Company as net income excluding net investment gains and losses.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts