- Achieved quarterly FFOM per share of $0.32 per fully diluted share or $29.4 million, compared to $0.34 per fully diluted share or $24.0 million for the third quarter prior year. Excluding $4.7 million of acquisition expenses, third quarter FFOM would have been $0.38 per fully diluted share or $34.1 million.
- Increased net operating income ("NOI") for same store wholly-owned portfolio by 4.1 percent over the third quarter 2011.
- Achieved industry leading occupancy at the same store wholly-owned portfolio of 97.4 percent as of September 30, 2012, compared to 98.2 percent for the same date prior year, with an average rental rate increase of 3.4 percent.
- Acquired 17 properties containing 8,914 beds for a purchase price of $844.0 million.
- Delivered 11 owned development projects into service for the 2012-2013 academic year. The new projects totaling $381.4 million in total development cost and containing 6,703 beds were 95.2 percent occupied as of September 30, 2012.
- Executed a presale agreement via the company’s mezzanine investment program to acquire Townhomes at Newtown Crossing, a 608-bed off-campus development opening in August 2013 that will serve students attending the University of Kentucky, for a purchase price of $38.8 million.
- Completed construction on four third-party development projects, which earned a combined total of $8.7 million in third-party fees.
- Raised $731.9 million in net proceeds from a public offering of 17,250,000 shares of common stock at a price of $44.25 per share on July 16, 2012, which includes 2,250,000 shares issued as a result of the underwriters' exercise of their over-allotment option in full at the closing.
American Campus Communities, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.