Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO) today reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Revenue excluding traffic acquisition costs (“Revenue ex-TAC”) was $1,089 million for the third quarter of 2012, a 2 percent increase compared to the third quarter of 2011. GAAP revenue was $1,202 million for the third quarter of 2012, a 1 percent decrease from the third quarter of 2011.
Excluding restructuring charges for both years, operating income on a non-GAAP basis was $177 million in the third quarter of 2012 compared to $175 million in the third quarter of 2011. On a GAAP basis, income from operations decreased 14 percent to $152 million in the third quarter of 2012, compared to $177 million in the third quarter of 2011.
In the third quarter of 2012, non-GAAP net earnings per diluted share increased 66 percent year over year to $0.35. Non-GAAP net earnings per diluted share for the third quarter of 2012 excludes a net gain of $2.8 billion related to the sale of Alibaba shares and restructuring charges of $16 million, net of tax. On a GAAP basis, net earnings per diluted share was $2.64 in the third quarter of 2012, compared to $0.23 in the third quarter of 2011.
Financials at a Glance
|Quarterly Results (in millions, except percentages and per share amounts)|
|Q3 2011||Q3 2012||Percent Change|
|Non-GAAP income from operations||$175||$177||1%|
|GAAP income from operations||$177||$152||(14)%|
|Non-GAAP net earnings per diluted share||$0.21||$0.35||66%|
|GAAP net earnings per diluted share||$0.23||$2.64||N/M|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV