WASHINGTON, Oct. 22, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CoStar Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CSGP) today announced that The Washington Metropolitan Area Corporate Counsel Association (WMACCA) has named its legal team "Outstanding Small Law Department" in its 2012 Corporate Counsel Awards. General Counsel Jon Coleman was also a finalist for Outstanding Chief Legal Officer.
The awards honor the work of the region's leading in-house practitioners during the past year. Finalists were selected from a large pool of nominations submitted by the legal community-at-large in response to an open call for nominations. CoStar joins elite Washington-area companies such as Blackboard, Inc., AOL, Inc. and Choice Hotels International as a 2012 honoree.
"From navigating our acquisition of LoopNet to supporting our efforts to curb online piracy, our legal team has done tremendous work during the past year," stated CoStar Group Founder and CEO Andrew C. Florance. "We are extremely pleased to see the team recognized by their peers for the critical role they play in CoStar's operations and in the broader legal community."The Corporate Counsel Awards were created in 2005 in celebration of WMACCA's 25th anniversary. In just eight years, the WMACCA Corporate Counsel Awards have become a well-recognized and sought-after honor for members of the in-house legal community in the District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Virginia and suburban Maryland. WMACCA announced the winners during its 8th Annual Corporate Counsel Awards Reception at The Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner in McLean, Virginia. on October 18. "The past year has been very successful for the team on many levels," said CoStar General Counsel Jon Coleman. "In addition to the business successes we've experienced during the past year, we have a talented and committed team that truly enjoys working together. This recognition from our peers through WMACCA is a wonderful way to end a great year."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV