The Road to Bullion Default: Part I
Rather, the vast majority of this leverage exists in the previously mentioned derivatives casino; where the manipulative bullion banks have permanent, gigantic and ever-growing bets that bullion prices will decline. Much like the banksters have used their gigantic (multi-trillion dollar) bets in credit default swaps market to manipulate European debt markets -- and bankrupt Europe's governments -- the banksters have done much the same in bullion markets with their derivatives bets.
There is, however, one enormous difference between the 100% paper debt markets and bullion markets. The bullion markets require physical bullion to settle all trades where buyers insist on taking delivery and (as previously mentioned) the long-term consequence of under-pricing bullion is the collapse (to zero) of bullion inventories.
If large gold stockpiles mean that a formal default in bullion trading could likely be forestalled for a considerable period of time, what other default-like event could detonate the bankers' fraudulent paradigm of 100:1 leverage? In a word, "decoupling."
In Part II, I'll explain this concept in detail, and analyze the dynamics which could lead to this event.This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV