"Pipeline safety continues to be a significant focus for our pipeline clients. The recent advancements made by PG&E to the MAOP Validation Calculator is critical to that cause," said Jeff Allen, vice president, Coler & Colantonio, Inc. "Many operators are very interested in seeing how this geospatial technology has been beneficial to PG&E in providing answers to auditors through building and maintaining a traceable, verifiable and complete asset management system. A number of our clients now have access to PG&E's MAOP Validation Calculator through Coler & Colantonio, Inc. and are using this technology to enhance their pipeline asset management systems and improve overall safety."
A pipeline's MAOP is determined by incorporating federal and state regulatory requirements into the algorithms of the MAOP Validation Calculator. The calculator output allows for standardized report generation and the engineering analysis of MAOP validation issues. Technology enhancements include:
- a robust and comprehensive calculator that leverages the federal and state regulations and applicable PHMSA advisory bulletins to perform MAOP validation for every pipeline component;
- an ability to establish an audit trail of the analysis within GIS; and
- an ability to readily generate operational and regulatory reports.
On June 18, 2012, PG&E filed a provisional patent application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The MAOP Validation Calculator was co-developed by members of PG&E's Gas Operations Organization: Sumeet Singh, senior director of Asset Knowledge Management; Joe Medina, director of Transmission Process & MAOP Validation; and Tom Ford, Gas MAOP Validation senior engineer.
Gas system operators and pipeline owners interested in purchasing the MAOP Validation Calculator can contact Coler & Colantonio, Inc. at www.col-col-geospatial.com.ABOUT PG&EPacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California. For more information, visit: http://www.pge.com/about/newsroom/ and www.pgecurrents.com. ABOUT COLER & COLANTONIO, INC. Coler & Colantonio, Inc. specializes in improving transmission pipeline asset management processes for oil and gas companies by creatively applying spatial technology. Our pipeline focused asset management software enables our customers to make better decisions, increase efficiency, save costs and improve communication. For more information, please visit: www.col-col-geospatial.com or contact Jeff Allen at (781) 982-5411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.  ' About Natural Gas Pipelines', U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) Pipeline Safety, Regulatory Certainty and Job Creation Act of 2011, Government Printing Office (GPO) SOURCE Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV