Caterpillar (CAT) provides construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines. It also provides financing alternatives to its customers. This stock is trading up 1.2% at $84.91 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 12.3 millionAverage Volume: 7.5 million Volume % Change: 185% Shares of CAT moving notably higher here after the company reported better-than-expected results for the third quarter, but tempered forecasts for the full year and predicted ongoing difficulty in Europe >>5 Stocks Ready to Break Out . From a technical perspective, CAT is bouncing higher here right around some near-term support at $81.61 with monster volume. This move is quickly pushing CAT within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once CAT manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $87.53 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CAT once it manages to sustain a move or close above $87.53 with volume that hits near or above 7,501,150 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for CAT to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $93.71 to $94.95.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV