Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) designs, manufactures and markets da Vinci Surgical Systems, EndoWrist instruments and surgical accessories. This stock is trading up 1.7% at $547.75 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 376,000Average Volume: 370,515 Volume % Change: 80% From a technical perspective, ISRG is bouncing notably higher here right off some near-term support at $540 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing ISRG within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once ISRG manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $554.77 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ISRG as long as it's trending above $540, and then once it sustains a move or close above $554.77 with volume that hits near or above 370,515 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for ISRG to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $569.95 to $594.89. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV