PetMed Express (PETS), a nationwide pet pharmacy, markets prescription and non-prescription pet medications and other health products for dogs, cats and horses direct to the consumer. This stock is trading up 10.7% at $11.20 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 467,000Average Volume: 215,345 Volume % Change: 411% Shares of PETS are ripping higher today after the company said that its net income rose 2.6%, as lower costs helped boost its profitability. >>5 Rocket Stocks Ready to Rally From a technical perspective, PETS is gapping higher here right off its 50-day at $10.14 and back above its 200-day at $11.16 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing PETS within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once PETS manages to take out some past overhead resistance at $12.30 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PETS as long as it's trending above today's low of $10.50, and then once it sustains a move or close above $12.30 with volume that hits near or above 215,345 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for PETS to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $13.63.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV