Stop With This Complicated Insurance Stuff!
So why don't insurers make things simpler? According to the report, a high level of clarity isn't easy for businesses to achieve. The larger and more complex the company, the more likely it is to be overly complex with its products and messages.
Kelly Cunningham, an economist at the National University System Institute for Policy Research in San Diego, says the public has a deep distrust for messages that are hard to figure out.
When the message about a product is vague, "sometimes you wonder if someone is trying to be purposefully unclear," he says. "You wonder what they are trying to pull on you. You have to speak to people's comprehension levels."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV