"We've got a little more to show you," declared the invitation, which landed in TheStreet's inbox earlier this month, hinting that the tech giant is planning to launch a smaller version of its popular tablet.
The iPad Mini is rumored to have a 7.85-inch screen, compared to the 9.7-inch screen on the company's current iPads.
There has also been speculation that the iPad Mini could be priced in the $249 to $299 price range in the United States to make it competitive with other, smaller tablets.Almost a third of respondents to TheStreet's recent iPad Mini poll, however, predicted that the device will be priced at $349, between the cost of an iPod Touch and an iPad 2. Apple is already the dominant force in the tablet market, with 68% share, according to research firm IDC. A smaller version of the iPad, however, would bolster Apple's arsenal against tablet rivals such as Amazon (AMZN), Google (GOOG) and Barnes & Noble (BKS). The iPad has been a phenomenal success for Apple since its launch in early 2010. The gadget maker has sold 84 million of the devices through the end of its June quarter this year. iPad sales accounted for 26% of Apple's total revenue during the quarter, with the Cupertino, Calif.-based company selling 17 million iPads, a quarterly record. With Apple preparing its headline-grabbing launch event on Tuesday, we'd love to get your thoughts on the rumored iPad Mini.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV