- The year-to-date assets under management (AUM) for M&A deal activity reached $42.3 billion at the end of the third quarter, which nearly eclipses last year’s AUM total of $43.9 billion;
- Ten (10) transactions were completed in Q3, totaling approximately $6.1 billion in AUM;
- National acquiring firms continue to be the dominant buyer category, closing seven (7) deals this quarter, bringing the total transactions completed up to nineteen (19) for the year.
Percentage Of M&A Transactions By Buyer Type As Of June 30, 2012 (Graphic: Schwab Advisor Services)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.