Accion, Yelp, and the NYSE Big StartUp will host “Round Robin: Utilizing Technology in Business,” a half-day business training event that will gather seven experts and more than 100 local small business owners for discussions and training on essential business technology trends and issues. The event will take place Nov. 10 from 8 a.m. to noon PST at the Joe and Vi Jacobs Center.
At the event, attendees will be able to choose three 30-minute intensive seminars to attend.
This year’s Round Robin sessions include:
- Creating a Website: Tips for building your online presence
- Crowd-funding, crowd-financing, and the Jobs Act
- E-commerce: Selling your products online
- Finding and utilizing a merchant service
- Quick Books primer
- Social media marketing 101
In addition, Yelp’s manager of local business outreach, Darnell Holloway, will deliver a keynote presentation titled “Small Business Connections: Social Media and the World of Online Reviews.” During this presentation, Mr. Holloway will discuss how entrepreneurs can work with major social media platforms to engage with customers online and navigate online reviews.“With limited time and resources, small business owners often struggle to effectively and economically utilize technology in business,” said Elizabeth Schott, Accion San Diego’s executive director. “We hope this year’s Round Robin will provide the education necessary to help entrepreneurs navigate the many technology options out there and effectively utilize these options to grow their businesses.” Yelp and NYSE join the 2012 event as part of the Big StartUp initiative, a nationwide job creation and business growth initiative that connects small businesses with established corporations. Small Business Connections is the initiative’s event component that has educated more than 400 entrepreneurs in nine cities to date; San Diego will be the tenth stop on the nationwide tour. Local sponsors include Torrey Pines Bank and Market Creek Events & Venues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV