LAKEWOOD, Colo., Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC) announced today that Richard Halle was elected to be an independent member of its Board of Directors on October 17, 2012. As a Class I director, Mr. Halle will hold that position until the annual meeting of stockholders in 2013. Mr. Halle is an additional, not replacement, member of the Board of Directors. Natural Grocers' Board of Directors now has a total number of six members.
Mr. Halle also was elected on that same date to replace Heather Isely as a member of the Audit Committee. Ms. Isely remains a member of the Board of Directors and chairperson of the Compensation Committee.
Currently, Mr. Halle is Chief Financial Officer of The Berry Company, LLC in Englewood, Colorado. He has more than 20 years of diverse experience in financial management with operating and services companies.
"Mr. Halle brings extensive financial and operational experience to the Board of Directors, and his participation is expected to add value and insight as the company continues to evaluate expansion and growth opportunities," said
Kemper Isely, Chairman and Co-President.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin CottageNatural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of natural and organic groceries and dietary supplements whose products must meet strict quality guidelines. Grocery products may not contain artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, sweeteners, or partially hydrogenated or hydrogenated oils. Natural Grocers' flexible small-store format allows it to offer affordable prices in a shopper-friendly retail environment. The company provides extensive free science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. The company, founded in 1955, now has 59 stores in 12 states.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV