DALLAS, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) announced today future service details affecting four AirTran Airways cities that will convert to Southwest Airlines service in Spring 2013.
Beginning April 14, 2013, Southwest Airlines Nonstop Service will be offered between:
- Charlotte and Baltimore/Washington, Chicago ( Midway), Houston (Hobby), and Orlando
- Flint and Baltimore/Washington, Orlando, and Tampa Bay
- Portland, Maine and Baltimore/Washington
- Rochester and Baltimore/Washington, Chicago ( Midway), Orlando, and Tampa Bay
AirTran service in these cities will end the previous day, April 13, 2013.
To celebrate the new service, the carrier announced a fare sale offering one-way fares on the new routes of between $69 and $159. For example, Customers may travel for $69 one-way between Baltimore/Washington and Charlotte. Between Chicago ( Midway) and Rochester, fares are as low as $99 one-way. These fares must be booked by Oct. 28 for travel between April 14 and May 22, 2013. See fare rules below. To take advantage of these special fares, visit southwest.com.The newly released flight schedule extends to May 31, 2013, the booking window for travel on both Southwest and AirTran. To download flight schedules for these new Southwest Cities and view an updated map of the Southwest and AirTran networks, visit swamedia.com . New International Service In addition to seasonal and other itinerary changes across the 97 destinations served by both carriers, AirTran's international footprint grows with the new schedule to include new, daily service beginning April 14, 2013, between Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic and Baltimore/Washington, subject to applicable governmental approval. Additional New Service on Southwest Airlines beginning April 14, 2013:
- One daily nonstop flight between Boston Logan and Kansas City
- One daily nonstop flight between Houston (Hobby) and Pittsburgh
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV