SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) will feature innovative technologies and solutions that are advancing the future of health care at the 140th Annual American Public Health Association (APHA) Exposition on Oct. 27-31, at the Moscone Convention Center West and South, and the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco.
Northrop Grumman's health IT leadership team will deliver six health care panel presentations focusing on advances in public health and health care informatics innovations and solutions. The presentations will be featured in back-to-back sessions on Tuesday, Oct. 30, and will be moderated by Amy Caro, vice president, health IT programs and Sam Shekar, M.D., chief medical officer, health IT programs, Northrop Grumman Information Systems.
"We have combined our scientific and medical expertise with information technology to offer solutions that promote health, prevent disease, and detect and prevent fraud and abuse," said Amy Caro, vice president, health IT programs, Northrop Grumman Information Systems.
The conference presentations will include the use of cloud technologies to improve data; the impact of the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) in Tanzania; improving food safety in the United States; emerging geographic information system modeling methods to better understand childhood obesity; facilitating rapid adoption and meaningful use of electronic health records for health care; reducing public health costs through analytics such as the Integrated Health Analytics Platform (iHAP); and a mobile health solution for improving health care delivery and outcomes.Several other presentations will be delivered by Northrop Grumman authors including Dr. Frederic Grant, chief scientist, public health, Northrop Grumman Information Systems, who will discuss public health data system solutions to support immunization, communications and other efforts for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Presentations showcased at the exposition in the Northrop Grumman booth 2905 include:
- The PEPFAR Records and Organizational Management Information System, a new cloud-based health data system that provides efficient reporting, tracking and analysis of global HIV/AIDS program results. It allows a vast data repository to be accessed by hundreds of agencies and partner users within a country.
- The iHAP, a new analytical decision support tool that increases understanding of the systematic impacts of diseases and health conditions to help leaders make cost-effective and informed health care policy decisions. NOTE: Northrop Grumman will highlight iHAP capabilities in an educational session at the exhibitor theater in the Moscone Convention Center on Monday Oct. 29, 2–2:45 p.m.
- A food safety demonstration will showcase solutions for enhancing data integrity and making that data available to the public for improving food safety within the United States.
- The Public Health Advanced Surveillance Technologies solution that investigates, implements, and integrates several disruptive technologies for advancing surveillance in public health by leveraging the latest generation of mobile platforms to improve public health surveillance efforts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV