Rating Change #5
Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS
has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TKC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TKC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.09 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, TURKCELL ILETISIM HIZMET's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry average. The net income increased by 1.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $313.58 million to $316.90 million.
Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S. engages in establishing and operating a global system for mobile communications network in Turkey. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.8, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 11.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS has a market cap of $13.35 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 29.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center