Jackson National Life Insurance Company ® (Jackson), a leading provider of retirement and asset management solutions with $130 billion in assets, serves as the premier sponsor for the InvestmentNews Alternatives Investments Conference, an educational forum on alternative investing for financial advisors. The conference, held at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park today and Tuesday, will address key strategies for incorporating alternative investments into portfolios, as well as best practices for communicating alternative investing opportunities to clients.
“We believe education is a top priority, and are diligently working to help advisors have the skills and training needed to incorporate alts successfully into client portfolios,” said Clifford Jack, executive vice president and head of retail for Jackson. “The InvestmentNews Alternatives Conference brings together financial advisors from across the industry to share information and resources on alternative investing strategies, and to assist them in this constantly changing economic environment.”
Steven Young, chief investment officer and senior vice president of Asset Management for Curian Capital, Jackson’s subsidiary, will be a featured panelist in the “Constructing Income and Growth Portfolios Using Alternatives” session. The session will address how alternatives can be incorporated in financial advisors’ portfolio construction plans.
“Although financial advisors continue to seek ways to incorporate alternatives within client portfolios, many are unclear on how to effectively utilize these asset classes and confidently explain alternatives to their clients,” said Young. “We aim to help advisors find ways to introduce alts into their clients’ investment plans, to help reduce volatility and risk in today’s marketplace.”The conference will feature educational seminars and panel discussions on alternative investing, including:
- Demystifying Alternatives
- Alternatives for Advisers: A Practical Approach for True Diversification in Today's Markets
- The Portfolio Implications of a New Global World Order: What this Means for Your Clients
- Liquid Alternative Equity Strategies: How Mutual Funds Can Deliver Like Hedge Funds
- Liquid Alternative Strategies for Fixed-Income Investors
- Hedge Fund Performance - Real or Mirage
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Managed Futures
- The Changing Landscape for Non-Traded REITs
- Direct Alternative Investments: Assessing the Costs and Benefits
- Constructing Income and Growth Portfolios Using Alternatives
- Communicating the Alternatives' Value Proposition to Clients