CLEARWATER, Fla., Oct. 22, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD) today announced the winners of its prestigious Vendor Partner Awards, presented during the company's eighth annual Vendor Summit on October 18 at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes in Orlando, Florida.
Tech Data's Vendor Partner Award recipients are recognized annually for their strong partnerships, loyalty, collaborative spirit and unwavering commitment to the continued success of Tech Data and its reseller customers. The 2012 Tech Data Vendor Partner Award winners are:
- Vendor Partner of the Year ($500 Million & Over) – Cisco
- Vendor Partner of the Year ($100 Million to $500 Million) – VMware
- Vendor Partner of the Year ($100 Million & Under) – Sharp
- Vendor Partner Representative of the Year – Ashley Fox, Raritan
- Mobility Vendor Partner of the Year – T-Mobile
- Cloud Vendor Partner of the Year – Microsoft
- TDPrioritySMB Vendor Partner of the Year – Lenovo
- Consumer Technology Vendor Partner of the Year – Griffin
- Marketing and Sales Innovator Vendor Partner of the Year – HP
- Inventory Optimization Vendor Partner of the Year – Fujitsu
- Growth Vendor Partner of the Year – Brocade
"Our vendor partners represent the best, brightest and most innovative in IT and we are proud to recognize those who, through their commitment to partnership with Tech Data, achieved the most success in the channel over the past year," said Joe Quaglia, senior vice president of U.S. Marketing and president, TDMobility at Tech Data. "Together with Tech Data's continuously evolving sales, marketing and agency services, we look forward to more mutual success in 2013."More than 450 channel partners were in attendance at Vendor Summit, which featured interactive breakout session presentations on Tech Data's key verticals and initiatives, as well as presentations on the company's overall sales and marketing strategies by Tech Data Chief Executive Officer Bob Dutkowsky; President, The Americas Murray Wright; Senior Vice President, U.S. Sales Pete Peterson; and Quaglia. Tech Data's Vendor Summit is produced by TDAgency, Tech Data's in-house full-cycle marketing services agency.