REDONDO BEACH, Calif., Oct. 22, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Doug Shane, president of Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE:NOC) Scaled Composites business, was presented the prestigious 2012 James H. Doolittle Award by the Society of Experimental Test Pilots (SETP) on Sept. 29 in recognition of his outstanding accomplishments and engineering achievements in aerospace technology.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/mediagallery.html?pkgid=15327
"Doug has been a force of innovation and leadership in aerospace design and test for over 30 years," said Paul Meyer, vice president and general manager of advanced programs and technology for Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems. "His ability to think outside the box and pull forward revolutionary ideas through test and operation has directly influenced the current and future state of the aerospace industry. We are fortunate to have Doug's leadership on our team."In 1982, Shane was the first engineer hired by Burt Rutan, the legendary aerospace designer and founder of Scaled Composites. He has helped shaped the organization to excel in air vehicle design, tooling and manufacturing, specialty composite structure design, analysis and fabrication, and developmental flight tests of air and space vehicles. In 2008, Shane was appointed president of Scaled Composites.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV