Last up on our list of Rocket Stocks this week is SunTrust Banks (STI), an Atlanta-based regional banking stock with around 1,700 branches spread on the Southern East coast. Regional banks have been looking increasingly attractive over the last several months, both technically and fundamentally as valuations slip and corporate profits continue to grow. Now, with much less competition for mortgage origination than there was before the recession, STI is earning bigger spreads on a higher volume of home sales.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV