LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aon Hewitt, the global human resources solutions business of Aon plc (NYSE: AON), today announced its intention to acquire OmniPoint's Workday Services company, a leading deployment and integration firm and key partner of Workday, a market leader in Software as a Service (SaaS) HR solutions.
Once the transaction is closed, Aon Hewitt will be able to significantly expand and accelerate its Workday capabilities, which include providing HR technology and services to mid-sized and large, global organizations. The acquisition will make Aon Hewitt the only company in the industry to offer an end-to-end resource for designing, building and operating the Workday HR platform.
"As today's workforce continues to rapidly evolve, Aon Hewitt is shaping the HR industry and staying ahead of current and emerging trends in the market to empower results for our clients," said
Kristi Savacool, chief executive officer, Aon Hewitt. "The SaaS model is gaining traction across our client base and fits well into our existing service-centered HR outsourcing solution. This strategic investment enables us to rapidly scale our knowledge base, expand our full suite of HR solutions and broaden our capabilities to serve our clients' unique needs and preferences. It is a bold step to strengthen our industry-leading position in HR solutions."
OmniPoint's team of more than 120 certified professionals bring experience implementing Workday for 125 customers across 108 countries. These professionals will join Aon Hewitt's current team of existing Workday-certified colleagues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV