SAN DIEGO, Oct. 22, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) announced today that it has appointed retired U.S. Navy Capt. Robert W. "Brick" Nelson director and corporate lead executive for company business in San Diego. Nelson reports to Timothy C. Jones, vice president, aviation and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/mediagallery.html?pkgid=15322 .
"I am pleased to welcome Brick Nelson as our new lead executive in San Diego," said Jones. "His leadership and experience, both in the military and private sector, will be essential as we look to build upon the company's extensive business portfolio and maximize the exciting opportunities available to us in San Diego."In his new role, Nelson will be Northrop Grumman's senior executive for the San Diego region, representing all business activities for the company. He will maintain direct liaison with the company's customers and serve as the primary company interface with peer industry partners and business leaders in the region. In addition, Nelson will represent Northrop Grumman in the San Diego community and work with other community leaders in support of economic development activities and local community service and philanthropic activities. Nelson joined Northrop Grumman in 2005 as director of business development for the Integrated Systems sector's Western Region. He subsequently worked in the Aerospace Systems sector as deputy and director, business development for the Strike and Surveillance Systems division, and deputy and director, business development for Unmanned Systems division.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV