- Compression band targets hemostasis needs in rapidly-growing radial artery access for performing cardiology procedures
- Exclusive distribution rights to R-Band in the U.S. obtained under license from Lepu Medical Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- R-Band will be introduced this week at the TCT Conference in Miami
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 22, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vascular Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq:VASC) today announced that it has launched the R-Band radial hemostasis compression device in the United States. Vascular Solutions is the exclusive distributor of the R-Band device in the U.S. under an agreement entered into with Lepu Medical Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd., the developer and manufacturer of the device.
Vascular Solutions will introduce the R-Band to the clinical community at the 21 st Annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) Conference this week at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami, Florida. The TCT's exhibition hall is open between Tuesday, October 23 and Thursday, October 25, and the R-Band will be one of the products featured by Vascular Solutions in Booth #368.
The R-Band, which has received 510(k) clearance, is a radial compression device that is used by interventional cardiologists to achieve hemostasis following transradial diagnostic and interventional catheterization procedures. The device consists of a soft plastic wrist strap with adjustable hook and loop fasteners, two inflatable compression balloons, and an inflation syringe with a proprietary connector tip. After applying the strap around the patient's wrist, the physician inflates the compression balloons to apply gentle pressure to the puncture site of the radial artery, while maintaining flow through the ulnar artery. The clear plastic strap and clear compression balloons allow the clinician to visualize the access site during the entire process."R-Band will be an important addition to our product portfolio as we focus on serving the needs of the fast-growing radial artery access market and adding to our hemostat products business segment," said Howard Root, Chief Executive Officer of Vascular Solutions. "Radial access is undergoing tremendous expansion in the U.S., and we are especially pleased that the addition of the R-Band will allow us to offer a broader range of products for radial hemostasis to fit physician preferences, supplementing our existing Rad-Band™ and D-Stat® Rad-Band products. In addition, the R-Band provides obvious synergies with the Accumed wrist positioning splint that we acquired in June."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV