NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Popular searches on the Internet include BP (BP) as the British oil company has agreed to sell its half of joint venture TKN-BP to Russian energy firm Rosneft for about $28 billion in cash and stock.
BP will receive a 19.75% stake in Rosneft and two seats on its board. The deal will allow BP to end its often contentious relationship with TNK-BP's other shareholder AAR.
AAR said it is now willing to sell its half of TNK-BP but it is unclear whether the group is in talks with Rosneft as well. AAR rejected a $30 billion offer to sell to BP and Rosneft in 2011.
Rosneft is Russia's biggest oil company and 75% of it is controlled by the Russian state.BP acquired half of the TNK-BP venture in 2003 for $8 billion. The venture has paid BP in dividends ever since, but BP consistently collided with AAR on various issues.
Hasbro (HAS) is trending as toy company reported its third-quarter results. Hasbro reported sales that missed expectations, but over-delivered on profit, topping expectations thanks to improved inventory management. Hasbro reported net income that fell 4% in the quarter on weak sales of toys targeted at young boys and preschoolers. But adjusted results still topped forecasts. The company reported adjust earnings of $1.28 per share, while analysts expected profit of $1.20 per share. The company said it plans to increase its marketing efforts heading into the holiday season and remains confident heading into the fourth quarter.
Ancestry.com (ACOM) is another popular search. The genealogy Web site said it has agreed to a buyout offer from private equity firm Permira for $1.6 billion, or $32 a share, in cash. Ancestry.com said CEO Tim Sullivan and COO Howard Hochhauser will keep a majority of their equity stakes, and Spectrum Equity, currently a 30% holder in the company, will remain an investor as well. The company said Spectrum Equity has said it will vote in favor of the deal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV