Metro Bancorp, Inc. (Metro or the Company) (NASDAQ Global Select Market Symbol: METR), parent company of Metro Bank, today reported net income of $2.0 million, or $0.14 per share, for the quarter ended September 30, 2012. The Company also reported an increase in total deposits of $184.5 million, or 9%, over the past twelve months.
|(in millions, except per share data)|
|Quarter Ended||Nine Months Ended|
|Total loans (net)||1,479.4||1,421.3||4||%|
|Net income (loss)||2.0||(5.7||)||135||%||7.4||(2.2||)||439||%|
|Diluted net income (loss) per common share||$||0.14||$||(0.41||)||134||%||$||0.52||$||(0.16||)||425||%|
“We are pleased with our third quarter results as we were able to achieve net income of $2.0 million despite a one-time non-recurring expense during the quarter. We were able to sustain our net interest margin in the face of interest rate market pressure, while continuing to reduce non interest expenses,” said Gary L. Nalbandian, the Company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV