Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq:PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C), today unveiled a next-generation business media phone that delivers the familiar tap-and-swipe usability of smart phones and tablets to the desktop, while offering advanced UC&C features and a new optional video camera that accelerates the speed of business and enables face-to-face collaboration via video conferencing.
With the new Polycom® VVX® 600 solutions, workers have a flexible and intuitive phone that integrates seamlessly with popular UC&C productivity applications and Bluetooth headsets for hands-free privacy. Users can also join video conferences via the optional Polycom VVX Camera, which Polycom also unveiled today for both Polycom VVX 600 and Polycom® VVX® 500 business media phones.
“The simple and intuitive experiences people have with their mobile devices are shaping their expectations for the workplace,” said Jim Kruger, Senior Vice President, Solutions Marketing, Polycom. “The Polycom VVX 600 represents a new generation of solutions that merge consumer-like simplicity with enterprise-class reliability, performance and UC&C integration. Now organizations from SMBs to the largest enterprises can put Polycom’s renowned HD voice and video on desktops at a very affordable price.”
The Polycom VVX solution includes several new enhancements:
- Larger multi-touch screen. Featuring a touchscreen interface on a desktop phone, the Polycom VVX 600 incorporates a 4.3-inch LCD screen that is 23 percent larger than other business media phones for ease of use and greater functionality.
- Easier and faster access to contacts. The Polycom VVX 600 supports up to 16 line appearances for speed dialing, as well as access to corporate directories, instant messaging and presence status.
- Built-in Bluetooth integration. Now Polycom VVX 600 users can conduct calls with the same Bluetooth headset that they use with their smart phone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV