Ancestry.Com, Sirius, Apple: Tech Premarket
Shares of the Provo, Utah-based firm rose 8.12% to $31.55 in premarket trading on share volume of 644,818.
"This is a successful outcome for our public stockholders, and a great day for Ancestry.com employees and subscribers around the world," said Ancestry.com CEO Tim Sullivan, in a statement. "We're excited that Permira shares our commitment to keep investing in our technology and product experience to make family history easy and accessible for more and more families around the world. Their strong investment track record in the technology and Internet sectors makes them a terrific advisor and partner as we take the company forward."
The transaction, which is expected to close in early 2013, represents a premium of 41% over Ancestry.com's closing share price on June 5.Facebook (FB), which reports its third-quarter results after market close on Tuesday, gained 1.11% to reach $19.21 on share volume of 278,955. Sirius XM (SIRI) was another active premarket Nasdaq stock, climbing 0.68% to $2.94 on share volume of 211,439. Shares of Apple (AAPL), which is expected to launch the iPad Mini at a press event on Tuesday, crept up 0.55% to $613.19 on Monday. The iPad Mini is rumored to have a 7.85-inch screen, compared to the 9.7-inch screen on the company's current iPad. Google (GOOG), which shocked investors when its third-quarter earnings leaked out hours early last Thursday, dipped 0.17% to $680.64. TheStreet will be live-blogging from Apple's press event in San Jose, Calif., starting at 12.30 ET on Tuesday Oct.23. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV