NCR Corporation (NYSE : NCR) today announced the market availability of the P1230 and P1530 point-of-sale (POS) terminals that deliver more processing power, higher reliability and ease-of-use all in an energy efficient and award winning design. NCR was recently honored by the Industrial Designers Society of America at the International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) with a Silver Award for its work designing the 30 series point-of-sale terminal platform. Powered by Intel's® new-generation Atom™ D2700 Dual-Core high-performance processors and features such as passive cooling, LED displays and solid-state technology, the new terminals drive significant energy efficiency and reliability through lower power consumption. This increased processing power is complemented by the addition of up to 4GB of RAM, either a 16GB solid state SATA drive or an Intel® Solid-State Drive 320 Series 40GB solid state 2.5” SATA drive.
Available in a 12-inch and 15-inch touchscreen, the 30 series offers flexible mounting options and a small footprint that fit the unique needs of hospitality operations. The cable management system provides for ease of installation, controlled access to connectors, and concealed cable routing for better reliability. The enhanced security features within the terminals include a secure magnetic stripe reader with Triple DES encryption, a UV light for cash validation, driver’s license and credit card validation and biometric log-in, clock-in and manager override.
“Our newest generation of point of sale terminals offer a compact and award winning design with increased capabilities needed in today’s hospitality market,” said Carlyle Taylor, vice president of hardware, NCR Hospitality. “They are built for non-stop reliability and provide a lower total cost of ownership for our hospitality customers through reduced power consumption and increased performance.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV