- Net income of $48.6 million in fiscal 2012 compared to a net loss of $75.2 million in fiscal 2011.
- Record net sales of $3.25 billion in fiscal 2012 increased 2.1 percent versus $3.19 billion a year ago; excluding negative foreign exchange impact, net sales grew 4.3 percent versus prior year.
- Record adjusted EBITDA of $485.3 million in fiscal 2012 increased 6.2 percent versus $457.1 million in the prior year; excluding unfavorable foreign exchange impact, adjusted EBITDA grew 9.7 percent versus a year ago.
- Fiscal 2012 net cash provided from operating activities after purchases of property, plant and equipment (free cash flow) was approximately $208 million, surpassing the Company’s goal of at least $200 million of free cash flow and its fiscal 2011 free cash flow of $191 million.
- Global Batteries & Appliances segment net sales of $2.25 billion in fiscal 2012 were essentially unchanged versus prior year; excluding negative foreign exchange impact, net sales grew 2.7 percent. Adjusted EBITDA of $307.7 million increased slightly compared with $306.9 million a year ago; excluding negative foreign exchange impact, adjusted EBITDA grew 6.5 percent to $327.0 million versus prior year.
- Global Pet Supplies segment net sales of $615.5 million in fiscal 2012 grew 6.3 percent versus $578.9 million in fiscal 2011; excluding unfavorable foreign exchange impact, net sales increased 7.7 percent compared with the previous year. Adjusted EBITDA of $113.1 million increased 14.1 percent versus $99.1 million a year ago.
- Home and Garden segment net sales of $387.0 million in fiscal 2012 increased 9.4 percent versus $353.9 million in the prior year. Adjusted EBITDA of $86.9 million grew 12.0 percent compared with $77.6 million last year.
- Strong liquidity position at fiscal 2012 year-end with a cash balance of approximately $158 million and zero cash drawn on ABL facility.
- Total debt at fiscal 2012 year-end was approximately $1,665 million.
- Fiscal 2012 year-end target leverage ratio (total debt to adjusted EBITDA) of approximately 3.4 times was achieved with cumulative Senior Secured Term Loan voluntary prepayments of $150 million in the fourth quarter.
- Cash interest expense in fiscal 2012 was approximately $154 million, excluding the cash tender of the 12% Senior Subordinated Notes of approximately $25 million.
Spectrum Brands Holdings Reports Preliminary, Unaudited Results For Fiscal 2012 And Key Metrics
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.