Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:SPB), a global and diversified consumer products company with market-leading brands, today announced selected preliminary, unaudited financial results for fiscal 2012, which ended on September 30, 2012, and achievement of financial guidance for the 2012 fiscal year.
- Net income of $48.6 million in fiscal 2012 compared to a net loss of $75.2 million in fiscal 2011.
- Record net sales of $3.25 billion in fiscal 2012 increased 2.1 percent versus $3.19 billion a year ago; excluding negative foreign exchange impact, net sales grew 4.3 percent versus prior year.
- Record adjusted EBITDA of $485.3 million in fiscal 2012 increased 6.2 percent versus $457.1 million in the prior year; excluding unfavorable foreign exchange impact, adjusted EBITDA grew 9.7 percent versus a year ago.
- Fiscal 2012 net cash provided from operating activities after purchases of property, plant and equipment (free cash flow) was approximately $208 million, surpassing the Company’s goal of at least $200 million of free cash flow and its fiscal 2011 free cash flow of $191 million.
- Global Batteries & Appliances segment net sales of $2.25 billion in fiscal 2012 were essentially unchanged versus prior year; excluding negative foreign exchange impact, net sales grew 2.7 percent. Adjusted EBITDA of $307.7 million increased slightly compared with $306.9 million a year ago; excluding negative foreign exchange impact, adjusted EBITDA grew 6.5 percent to $327.0 million versus prior year.
- Global Pet Supplies segment net sales of $615.5 million in fiscal 2012 grew 6.3 percent versus $578.9 million in fiscal 2011; excluding unfavorable foreign exchange impact, net sales increased 7.7 percent compared with the previous year. Adjusted EBITDA of $113.1 million increased 14.1 percent versus $99.1 million a year ago.
- Home and Garden segment net sales of $387.0 million in fiscal 2012 increased 9.4 percent versus $353.9 million in the prior year. Adjusted EBITDA of $86.9 million grew 12.0 percent compared with $77.6 million last year.
- Strong liquidity position at fiscal 2012 year-end with a cash balance of approximately $158 million and zero cash drawn on ABL facility.
- Total debt at fiscal 2012 year-end was approximately $1,665 million.
- Fiscal 2012 year-end target leverage ratio (total debt to adjusted EBITDA) of approximately 3.4 times was achieved with cumulative Senior Secured Term Loan voluntary prepayments of $150 million in the fourth quarter.
- Cash interest expense in fiscal 2012 was approximately $154 million, excluding the cash tender of the 12% Senior Subordinated Notes of approximately $25 million.
The Company issued certain preliminary, unaudited results for fiscal 2012 in advance of its near-term plans to secure funding for its proposed $1.4 billion cash acquisition of the Hardware & Home Improvement Group of Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK), which was announced on October 9, 2012. Spectrum Brands does not currently expect to update this information prior to the release of its fiscal 2012 results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV