Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that Pacific Sunwear of California, Inc. (Nasdaq: PSUN) a leading specialty retailer of California lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, is using Demandware’s Multichannel Commerce Solution, powered by the Demandware Commerce platform, to deliver a unified shopping experience across web, mobile, tablet and brick-and-mortar stores.
Pacific Sunwear relaunches ecommerce site on Demandware Commerce platform (Photo: Business Wire)
Pacific Sunwear is one of the top names in teen fashion, with more than 700 stores in 50 states and Puerto Rico. With a consumer base of teens and young adults that live much of their lives through digital channels, it’s critical that Pacific Sunwear be able to keep pace with the latest consumer innovations and provide a multichannel experience to its always-connected shoppers. For this reason, Pacific Sunwear replaced its legacy platform with cloud-based Demandware Commerce platform.
“With technology continually evolving, we need a platform that is easily extendable and enables us to quickly and cost-effectively adapt to serve our demographic across various channels and devices,” said Mondy Beller, vice president of ecommerce for Pacific Sunwear. “We were impressed by Demandware’s cloud-based model that provides operational efficiencies and frees us up to focus on the consumer experience, along with an open environment that allows us to drive innovation.”
As part of its strategy to extend the consumer shopping experience, Pacific Sunwear has integrated web and mobile into its stores. If a product is not available in a store, sales associates help consumers make purchases via tablets, with shipping included at no cost.With Demandware, Pacific Sunwear is now benefiting from:
- A central platform for managing multiple consumer touch points and a seamless brand experience regardless of channel
- Pre-built integrations available through the Demandware LINK Marketplace that enable the rapid and cost-effective deployment of innovative complementary technologies, such as social sign in and product reviews
- An online community to collaborate and exchange ideas with partners, developers, employees, and other clients
- Personalization capabilities for creating unique interactions with relevant product and content views based on gender, location and interests
- A proven, world-class operating environment that enables Pacific Sunwear to focus on growing its business rather than managing and supporting costly and cumbersome infrastructure
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV