Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that Pacific Sunwear of California, Inc. (Nasdaq: PSUN) a leading specialty retailer of California lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, is using Demandware’s Multichannel Commerce Solution, powered by the Demandware Commerce platform, to deliver a unified shopping experience across web, mobile, tablet and brick-and-mortar stores.
Pacific Sunwear relaunches ecommerce site on Demandware Commerce platform (Photo: Business Wire)
Pacific Sunwear is one of the top names in teen fashion, with more than 700 stores in 50 states and Puerto Rico. With a consumer base of teens and young adults that live much of their lives through digital channels, it’s critical that Pacific Sunwear be able to keep pace with the latest consumer innovations and provide a multichannel experience to its always-connected shoppers. For this reason, Pacific Sunwear replaced its legacy platform with cloud-based Demandware Commerce platform.
“With technology continually evolving, we need a platform that is easily extendable and enables us to quickly and cost-effectively adapt to serve our demographic across various channels and devices,” said Mondy Beller, vice president of ecommerce for Pacific Sunwear. “We were impressed by Demandware’s cloud-based model that provides operational efficiencies and frees us up to focus on the consumer experience, along with an open environment that allows us to drive innovation.”
As part of its strategy to extend the consumer shopping experience, Pacific Sunwear has integrated web and mobile into its stores. If a product is not available in a store, sales associates help consumers make purchases via tablets, with shipping included at no cost.With Demandware, Pacific Sunwear is now benefiting from:
- A central platform for managing multiple consumer touch points and a seamless brand experience regardless of channel
- Pre-built integrations available through the Demandware LINK Marketplace that enable the rapid and cost-effective deployment of innovative complementary technologies, such as social sign in and product reviews
- An online community to collaborate and exchange ideas with partners, developers, employees, and other clients
- Personalization capabilities for creating unique interactions with relevant product and content views based on gender, location and interests
- A proven, world-class operating environment that enables Pacific Sunwear to focus on growing its business rather than managing and supporting costly and cumbersome infrastructure
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts