Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN), a leading global provider of information and insights into what consumers buy and watch, today announced financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2012.
"Nielsen had solid performance in the third quarter, with healthy growth in recurring revenue and margin expansion,” said David Calhoun, Chief Executive Officer of Nielsen. “Our resilience given today’s economic environment demonstrates the value we deliver to clients, and we will continue to invest to support their global business priorities.”
Third Quarter 2012 Operating Results
Revenues for the third quarter increased 1% to $1,423 million, or 5% on a constant currency basis compared to the third quarter of 2011. Our revenue performance was driven by a 1% decrease within our Buy segment (4% increase on a constant currency basis), a 4% increase within our Watch segment (5% on a constant currency basis) and a 5% increase in our Expositions segment (5% on a constant currency basis). Global growth in Information services was driven by increased client investment in retail measurement, including the impact of additional coverage in the U.S. market. Our Insights services declined due to lower spending by clients globally.Adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter increased 4% to $424 million, or 7% on a constant currency basis compared to the third quarter of 2011. We continue to see the benefits of productivity efforts while strategically reinvesting in growth initiatives. Net income for the third quarter increased to $106 million compared to $103 million in the third quarter of 2011. Net income per share, on a diluted basis, was $0.29 compared to $0.28 in the third quarter of 2011. Adjusted Net Income for the third quarter increased to $200 million compared to $181 million in the third quarter of 2011. Adjusted Net Income per share was $0.53 compared to $0.48 in the third quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV