SAO PAULO, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The main figures obtained by Bradesco (BM&FBovespa: BBDC3; BBDC4), (NYSE: BBD) in the first nine months of 2012 are presented below:
1. Adjusted Net Income(1) in the first nine months of 2012 stood at R$8.605 billion (a 2.1% increase compared to the R$8.427 billion recorded in the same period last year), corresponding to earnings per share of R$2.98 in the last 12 months and Return on Average Shareholders' Equity(2) of 19.9%.
2. Adjusted Net Income is composed of R$5.982 billion from financial activities, representing 69.5% of the total, and R$2.623 billion from insurance, pension plan and capitalization bond operations, which accounted for 30.5%.
3. On September 30, 2012, Bradesco's market capitalization stood at R$113.102 billion(3), up 17.0% over the same period in 2011.4. Total Assets stood at R$856.288 billion in September 2012, an 18.6% increase over the same period in 2011. Return on Total Average Assets was 1.4%. 5. The Expanded Loan Portfolio(4) stood at R$371.674 billion in September 2012, up 11.8% on the same period in 2011. Operations with individuals totaled R$114.536 billion (up 8.7%), while operations with companies totaled R$257.138 billion (up 13.3%). 6. Assets under Management stood at R$1.172 trillion, up 20.4% on September 2011. 7. Shareholders' Equity stood at R$66.047 billion in September 2012, up 22.9% on September 2011. Capital Adequacy Ratio stood at 16.0% in September 2012, 11.3% of which fell under Tier I Capital. 8. Interest on Shareholders' Equity and Dividends were paid and recorded in provision to shareholders at the amount of R$2.923 billion in the first nine months of 2012, of which R$1.348 billion was paid as monthly and interim dividends and R$1.575 billion was recorded in provision. 9. Financial Margin stood at R$32.684 billion, up 12.5% in comparison with the same period in 2011. 10. The Delinquency Ratio over 90 days stood at 4.1% on September 30, 2012 (3.8% on September 30, 2011). 11. The Efficiency Ratio(5) improved by 0.6 p.p. (from 42.7% in September 2011 to 42.1% in September 2012), whereas the "adjusted-to-risk" ratio stood at 53.1% (52.4% in September 2011). 12. Insurance Written Premiums, Pension Plan Contributions and Capitalization Bond Income totaled R$31.092 billion the first nine months of 2012, up 17.3% over the same period in 2011. Technical Reserves stood at R$117.807 billion, up 21.3% on September 2011. 13. Investments in infrastructure, information technology and telecommunications amounted to R$2.967 billion in the first nine months of 2012, a 5.3% increase on the previous year. 14. Taxes and contributions, including social security, paid or recorded in provision, amounted to R$17.056 billion, of which R$6.695 billion referred to taxes withheld and collected from third parties and R$10.361 billion from Bradesco Organization activities, equivalent to 120.4% of Adjusted Net Income (1). 15. Bradesco has an extensive customer service network in Brazil, comprising 8,439 service points (4,665 branches and 3,774 Service Branches - PAs). Customers can also use 1,456 PAEs - ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines) in companies, 41,713 Bradesco Expresso service points, 35,128 Bradesco Dia & Noite ATMs and 12,414 Banco24Horas ATMs. 16. Payroll, plus charges and benefits, totaled R$7.660 billion. Social benefits provided to the 104,100 employees of the Bradesco Organization and their dependents amounted to R$1.840 billion, while investments in training and development programs totaled R$100.219 million. 17. On August 30, the Organization inaugurated Bradesco Next – the bank of the future – a thoroughly modern space for the presentation and experimentation of new technologies, products and services. 18. On September 13, Bradesco was once again included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, a select NYSE trading list that includes only those companies with the best sustainable development practices. 19. Major Awards and Acknowledgments in the period:
- Bradesco was elected Company of the Year by the Best of Dinheiro 2012 year book, as well as the Best Insurance Company, the Best Health Company and Best Human Resources Management Company (IstoE Dinheiro magazine, in association with KPMG, Trevisan and Economatica);
- For the second consecutive year, Bradesco is the most valuable brand Latin America (Latin America BrandFinance);
- Bradesco is the most innovative company in customer relations according to a survey conducted by the consultancy DOM Strategy Partners ( Consumidor Moderno magazine);
- Bradesco is one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Brazil ( Epoca magazine, evaluated by the Great Place to Work Institute);
- Bradesco placed first in the financial segment "Stock Exchange's Stars" ranking. The study analyzed the performance of all Brazilian companies' shares listed on Sao Paulo Stock Exchange and indicated those that created more value to their shareholders (Boston Consulting Group);
- Bradesco was the only financial institution with a positive performance in the Stock Exchange in 2012 ( Valor Economico newspaper, data from BM&FBovespa and Economatica);
- For the sixth consecutive time, Grupo Bradesco Seguros ranked first in the Brazilian insurance company category (2012 Valor 1000 list of Valor Economico newspaper); and
- For the second consecutive year, Grupo Bradesco Seguros was the "Best and major insurance company in Latin America", in the "Top 100 Insurers" ranking ( Latin Trade magazine).