SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) introduced today boom height control for self-propelled sprayers as the latest feature of its Field-IQ™ crop input control system. Farmers that use the Field-IQ solution with boom height control will be able to:
- Automatically adjust the height of booms with ultrasonic sensors that measure the distance between ground or crop canopy to evenly apply material.
- Minimize environmental impact by eliminating off-target applications of products, which can help protect the health of neighboring crops.
Controlling up to 48 sections, the Field-IQ system varies input application rates using prescription maps to save money, increase yields, keep records of what is applied, and now automate the height of the boom. Self-propelled sprayers require an advanced level of automation due to their increasingly larger booms and the speed at which sprayers travel through the field. As a result, boom height control plays a key role in: reducing operator fatigue by eliminating the need for manual boom operation; preventing damage to the boom by automatically raising it above field obstacles; and by providing a more precise product application through automating boom height adjustments as needed.
"Trimble is focused on providing a complete precision agriculture solution to help farmers manage their unique operational needs," said Micah Eidem, market manager for Trimble's Agriculture Division. "By adding boom height control to our Field-IQ system, customers can now select their choice of correction service, steering component, and flow and application modules to create a comprehensive precision agriculture solution for their self-propelled sprayer."
Trimble® boom height control is expected to be available in January of 2013. Contact a local Trimble dealer at www.trimble.com/locatorfor more information.Boom height control will initially be available on the Trimble CFX-750™ display and is the latest addition to Trimble's Field-IQ system which includes section control, variable rate application and advanced seed monitoring.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV