NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners is known for his accurate stock market calls and keen insights into the economy, which he shares with RealMoney Pro readers in his daily trading diary.
Among his posts this past week, Kass explained why he is long Sourcefire and Fusion-io, analyzed the week's CPI and industrial production numbers and identified which government bailout recipient will be his biggest bullish investment.
Please click here for information about subscribing to RealMoney Pro.
Delving Into Sourcefire and Fusion-io
Originally published on Friday, Oct. 19 at 11:58 a.m. EDT.
- Wall Street has been concerned about the sustainability of gross margins, but new products and long-term NAND contracts should offset these questions.
- Flash-based storage/servers are just beginning to gain traction.
- Several competitors are rudderless -- for instance, OCZ Technology (OCZ) and STEC (STEC) have lost their CEOs.
- While Fusion-io is larger than Sourcefire, there is still a chance of a takeover -- Cisco, Oracle and EMC are trying to compete, but if they don't execute, they might be interested buyers down the road.
Originally published on Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 9:33 a.m. EDT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV