Trying to sort out what ended up where after the big Kraft Foods Inc. split?
It's simple: Mondelez operates globally and focuses on the snack brands acquired in the $19.5 billion Cadbury acquisition back in 2010. Kraft Foods is restricted to North American grocery products.Even in North America, however, Mondelez oversees candy brands such as Swedish Fish, Sour Patch Kids and Stride Gum. Since both of these stocks just came into being within the past month, though, there's a lot of potential to both but not a whole lot of history behind either. If less adventurous investors want to sit this Halloween out and see what comes of this shakeup, that's as wise and beneficial as eating your kids' first few candy pieces to "check for needles."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV