PORTLAND, Ore. ( TheStreet) --Every time a piece of candy goes into a costumed kid's pillowcase or shopping bag this Halloween, that could be money going into your wallet.
One of the most foolproof ways to make investments is to fill your portfolio with things you love. Beer lovers who like a Samuel Adams every now and then can make back their beer money by investing in SAM. If you know you're going to buy a new F-150 every few years, it's worth investing in Ford. Love gorging yourself on soda and chips while watching football every Sunday? You sound like a PepsiCo (PEP) and DirecTV (DTV) shareholder in waiting.
If you're resisting the urge to disconnect the doorbell, dim the lights and play dead this Halloween, chances are you'll be investing in candy of some sort. (Unless you're that weird pennies and raisins house. Don't be that house.) Since you're splurging on sugar anyway, it may be worth investing a little extra in the candy companies selling you the stuff.
We took around the market and found a handful of candy stocks worth considering:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV