PORTLAND, Ore. (TheStreet) --Every time a piece of candy goes into a costumed kid's pillowcase or shopping bag this Halloween, that could be money going into your wallet.
One of the most foolproof ways to make investments is to fill your portfolio with things you love. Beer lovers who like a Samuel Adams every now and then can make back their beer money by investing in SAM. If you know you're going to buy a new F-150 every few years, it's worth investing in Ford. Love gorging yourself on soda and chips while watching football every Sunday? You sound like a PepsiCo (PEP) and DirecTV (DTV) shareholder in waiting.
If you're resisting the urge to disconnect the doorbell, dim the lights and play dead this Halloween, chances are you'll be investing in candy of some sort. (Unless you're that weird pennies and raisins house. Don't be that house.) Since you're splurging on sugar anyway, it may be worth investing a little extra in the candy companies selling you the stuff.
We took around the market and found a handful of candy stocks worth considering:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV