The seven-page draft order, which is being finalized, takes shape as the Obama administration expresses growing concern that Iran could be the first country to use cyberterrorism against the United States. The military is ready to retaliate if the U.S. is hit by cyberweapons, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said. But the U.S. also is poorly prepared to prevent such an attack, which could damage or knock out critical services that are part of everyday life.
The White House declined to say when the president will sign the order.
Banana Boat recalls sunscreen due to fire riskWASHINGTON (AP) â¿¿ The maker of Banana Boat sunscreen is recalling some half-million bottles of spray-on lotion after reports that a handful of people have caught on fire after applying the product and coming in contact with an open flame. Energizer Holdings said Friday that it is pulling 23 varieties of UltraMist sunscreen off store shelves due to the risk of the lotion igniting when exposed to fire. The recall includes aerosol products like UltraMist Sport, UltraMist Ultra Defense and UltraMist Kids. ___ European bank supervisor step closer but deal hazy BRUSSELS (AP) â¿¿ European leaders took a step toward creating a single supervisor for banks in countries that use the euro on Friday but refused to pin down a start date. Although the leaders meeting in Brussels said their decisions on the watchdog â¿¿ the single supervisory mechanism â¿¿ were key to shoring up lenders and eventually giving them access to loans from Europe's bailout fund, many observers were struggling to figure out exactly what had been achieved. Rather than finding new measures to fight the crisis, the leaders focused on establishing a timeline for those they had already agreed to. ___ By The Associated Press(equals) The Dow Jones industrial average fell 205.43 points, or 1.5 percent, to close Friday at 13,343.51.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV