"The experience level, creativity and craftsmanship of this year's winners are at the highest level I've seen since we started this competition five years ago," said Larry Blagg, senior vice president of marketing for CRMB. "Besides recognizing some of the top bakers in the industry, participation in the finals is done in such a manner as to create a sense of camaraderie among the contestants – they exchange techniques and best practices with one another."In addition to winning industry honors and national recognition, the winners will receive a tour of California, including the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena and the San Joaquin Valley, home of more than 3,000 raisin growers.
- Theresa Cogswell, Chief Judge and President of BakerCogs, Inc., Olathe, Kan.
- Ciril Hitz, Department Chairman for Baking & Pastry at Johnson & Wales University, Providence, R.I.
- Klaus Tenbergen, Certified Master Baker and Professor of Culinology, California State University, Fresno
- Dominique Homo, Bakery Consultant, Quebec, Canada
- Dan Malovany, Editor of Baking & Snack, Schaumburg, Ill.
- Mary Molt, Ph.D., R.D., L.D., Assistant Director of Housing and Dining Services and Assistant Professor of Hospitality Management and Dietetics, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kan.