California Raisins Announces Winners Of 5th Annual America's Best Raisin Bread Contest
FRESNO, Calif., Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The California Raisin Marketing Board (CRMB) recently crowned the winners of the 5 th annual America's Best Raisin Bread Contest, the only professional baking competition in the nation.
Thirty-six finalists gathered
October 12-13 at the American Institute of Baking (AIB) in
Manhattan, Kan., to bake a variety of unique breads that starred the naturally sweet and classic baking ingredient:
California raisins. Of the 36 finalists, 13 winners were chosen for their innovative and mouth-watering entries, competing in Artisan, Commercial and Breakfast categories. The California Prize was also awarded to recognize an honorable effort.
The winners include:
- Grand Prize – Courtney Reed & Susan Kay, Bay State Milling, Quincy, MA (Raisin² Pizza Crust)
- Judges' Prize – Philippe Sanchez, Marriott International, Orlando, FL ( Fleur de Raisin)
- Idea Prize – Siddharth Mangalore, Kendall College, Chicago, IL (Curried Whole Wheat Raisin Boule)
- Student Prize – Jack Lonetto, Johnson & Wales Univ. North Miami, FL (Raisin Stuffed Breakfast Challah)
- Grand Prize – Pamela Adams, University of Massachusetts (Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread)
- Judges' Prize – Suzanne Tatis, Art Institute of Las Vegas (Lucky Golden)
- Idea Prize – Molly Burke, Cargill, Plymouth, MN (Spicy Raisin Gingerbread)
- Student Prize – Maria Quinn, French Pastry School, Chicago, IL (Not Your Grandma's Banana Bread)
- Grand Prize – Olivier Saintemarie, French Pavilion at Epcot, Orlando, FL (Raisins Florentine Danishes)
- Judges' Prize – Joe Falcinelli, Bennison's Bakery, Evanston, IL (Raisin Kovigor-Amann)
- Idea Prize –Rachel Crampsey, Montclair Bread Co., Montclair, NJ (Carrot Raisin Nut Muffin)
- Student Prize – Roman Anglin, Ritz Carlton Int'l, Valencia College, Orlando, FL (Sunny Tops)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV