Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Ingersoll-Rand (IR) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Ingersoll-Rand rose 69 cents (1.5%) to $46.35 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Ingersoll-Rand exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.82-$47.64 after having opened the day at $46.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.66. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: A123 Systems (AONE), up 64.7%, China Development Group Corporation (CTDC), up 8.3%, Manitowoc (MTW), up 6.2%, and China Ming Yang Wind Power Group (MY), up 4.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Ingersoll-Rand Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about IR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV