This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Mood Media Corporation Announces Acquisition Of Assets Of Franchisee

TORONTO, Oct. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Mood Media Corporation (ISIN: CA61534J1057) (TSX: MM) (LSE AIM: MM) ("Mood Media" or the "Company"), announced today that its subsidiary, Muzak, LLC ("Muzak"), has acquired the assets of one of its largest franchisees, for US$27.9 million in cash, 80% of which was payable on closing with the remaining 20% payable on the 12 month anniversary of closing, subject to certain post-closing purchase price adjustments.

The acquired franchisee offers a range of in-store audio, visual and scent solutions and operates in the U.S. mid-Atlantic region.

For the 12-month period ended June 30, 2012, the acquired franchisee had revenue and adjusted EBITDA of approximately US$19.5 million and US$4.2 million, respectively.

About Mood Media Corporation

Mood Media Corporation (TSX:MM/ LSE AIM:MM) is a leading in-store media specialist that uses a mix of music, visual and scent media to help its clients communicate with consumers with a view to driving incremental sales at the point-of-purchase.

Mood Media Corporation works with over 560,000 commercial locations in over 40 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.

Mood Media Corporation's products and services reach 100 million people every day in a broad client base including more than 850 U.S. and international brands in diverse market sectors that include: retail, from fashion to financial services; hospitality, from hotels to health spas; and food retail, including restaurants, bars, quick-serve and fast casual dining.

Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

This press release contains forward-looking statements. The words "believe", "expect", "anticipate", "estimate", "intend", "may", "will", "would" and similar expressions and the negative of such expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. These forward-looking statements are subject to important assumptions, including the following specific assumptions: general industry and economic conditions; and changes in regulatory requirements affecting the businesses of Mood Media and the acquired franchisee. While Mood Media considers these factors and assumptions to be reasonable based on information currently available, they may prove to be incorrect. Historical performance may not be indicative of future performance.

1 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,050.75 +138.46 0.82%
S&P 500 1,995.83 +15.91 0.80%
NASDAQ 4,810.7880 +19.6360 0.41%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs