NEW YORK, Oct. 19, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (Nasdaq:ZIOP) today issued the following statement regarding a blog entry posted by Richard Pearson, Contributor, on Forbes.com:
"The statements made in Mr. Pearson's blog entry are misleading and wrong and, given his disclosed investment position, we call into question the entire credibility of this piece. The Form 483 was issued directly to the independent investigator, not to ZIOPHARM, and had nothing to do with any outcome measures of the Phase 2 PICASSO study. All regulatory matters raised in Mr. Pearson's blog entry were resolved by the investigator in full in 2010, and had no impact on the Company's transition from Phase 2 to Phase 3. Further, the Company has no issues with drug stability. We stand by the clinical data generated at this investigator's site. Consistent with best practices, all data from ZIOPHARM's Phase 2 PICASSO study at this site were reviewed by an independent, former FDA good clinical practice (GCP) auditor, and the auditor concluded that the study site's violations had no impact on the PICASSO study or the quality of data."
About ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc.:ZIOPHARM Oncology is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of new cancer therapies. ZIOPHARM's operations are located in Boston, MA, and New York City. Further information about ZIOPHARM may be found at www.ziopharm.com .
CONTACT: For ZIOPHARM Nicole Jones ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. 617-778-2266 firstname.lastname@example.org Media Contacts: David Schull or Lena Evans Russo Partners, LLC 858-717-2310 212-845-4262 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV