Affymetrix (AFFX) is engaged in developing, manufacturing and selling products and services for genetic analysis to the life science research and clinical healthcare markets. This stock is trading up 2.6% to $3.62 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.50-$3.7252-Week Range: $3.41-$5.95 Volume: 530,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 980,937 From a technical perspective, AFFX is bouncing higher here right around some near-term support at $3.41 with lighter volume. This move is following a recent gap down in price for AFFX that took the stock from around $4.50 to $3.45 with heavy volume. Traders should now look to play the next major breakout trade for AFFX. That trade will hit once AFFX takes out its gap down day high at $3.74, and then its 50-day moving average at $3.93 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AFFX once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 980,937 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then AFFX could easily rip higher back towards its next major overhead resistance levels at $4.40 to $4.72. Any high-volume move above $4.72 will then put $5.20 to $5.50 into play for AFFX. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV