Genetic Technologies (GENE) provides genetic testing services and conducts out-licensing of its intellectual property relating to non-coding DNA and research and development in the areas of genetics and related fields. This stock is trading up 1% to $3.60 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.53-$3.7952-Week Range: $2.29-$6.20 Volume: 160,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 223,802 >>5 Big Stocsk to Trade for Gains From a technical perspective, GENE is bouncing modestly higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $3.44 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing GENE within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once GENE manages to clear some near-term overhead resistance levels at $3.80 to $3.95, and then once it takes out more resistance at $4.22 to $4.28 with high volume. At last check, GENE has hit an intraday high of $3.79 and volume so far is below its three-month average action of 223,802 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GENE as long as it's trending above some near-term support at $3.36, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 223,802 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for GENE to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $4.79 to $6.20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV