Gran Tierra Energy
Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) is an independent international energy company engaged in oil and gas acquisition, exploration, development and production. This stock is trading up 1% to $5.30 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.29-$5.4252-Week Range: $4.00-$6.70 Volume: 207,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 516,898 >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar From a technical perspective, GTE is starting to spike back above its 200-day moving average of $5.29 with light volume. This move is coming after GTE recently trended up from $4.90 to its recent high of $5.38. Shares of GTE are now moving within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once GTE manages to clear some near-term overhead resistance levels at $5.38 to $5.41, and then above more resistance at $5.75 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GTE as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $5.01, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 516,898 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then GTE will setup to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $6.40 to $6.65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV