Sensient Technologies Corporation (NYSE:SXT) announced today that it plans to make a significant investment to build a new color and flavor complex in Johannesburg, South Africa. The investment will provide a state-of-the-art research, development and manufacturing location with dedicated facilities for both colors and flavors.
This expansion will accommodate greater growth in colors and flavors for foods and beverages in South Africa and reinforce Sensient’s position within the African marketplace. Customers will benefit from improved lead times and local production capabilities. The facility will also significantly improve Sensient’s ability to service the market for pharmaceutical colors and coatings.
Paul Manning, President and COO of Sensient Technologies Corporation, said, “Our customers want local commercial and technical service, with quick and flexible manufacturing, and product availability. With this investment, we can ensure that our customers have shorter lead times, better logistics and more convenient technical service. Building our business locally positions Sensient as a strong resource to our customers for colors and flavors and strengthens our position in pharmaceutical coatings and colors.”
ABOUT SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIESSensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company’s customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world’s best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. www.sensient.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV