Fundamental factors: Thirty-six Wall Street brokerage firms have assigned 42 analysts to monitor the stock's numbers. They still think revenue will grow by 45.8% this year and another 26.6% next year. Earnings are estimated to grow by 18.5% this year, an additional 16.5% next year and continue to climb by 14.76% annual for at least five years.
The stock has a reasonable P/E ratio of 22.15 compared to the market's P/E of 15.20. The financial strength is A++.
Investor interest: Those 42 Wall Street analysts have 15 strong buy, 20 buy and seven hold recommendations in place. No sell recommendations at all. The average investor over on Motley Fool still likes the stock, with 17,859 readers giving the stock an 86% vote of confidence that the stock will out perform the market. Even TheStreet rates this an A stock.
Peer competition: This time I'm not spending a lot of time comparing its peers. Amazon.com (AMZN), Facebook (FB) and Baidu (BIDU) all have forecasts of double-digit increases of revenue and earnings but AMZN has a 305.54 P/E ratio, BIDU has a 29.75 P/E and we are still not sure if Facebook can monetize its pages enough to offset their tremendous development costs.My conclusion: When I can find stocks with solid fundamentals for increases in revenue and earnings and that are having a temporary dip in price and have a reasonable P/E ratio, that signals a buying opportunity. Just look at this six-month chart of the price compared to the 20-, 50- and 100-day moving averages and the 14-day turtle channels and see if you don't agree: At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV