MADISON, N.J., Oct. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX), the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services, today announced the first electronic health record (EHR) solutions to be certified under its Health IT Quality Solutions™ Program. The program is designed to recognize EHR solutions for achieving quality standards for data management and interoperability with the Quest Diagnostics clinical laboratory data system used by physician practices in the United States.
"Laboratory data provides a significant basis for healthcare decisions made by clinicians for patients," said Keith C. Drake, Ph.D., Health IT Quality Solutions Program Executive, Quest Diagnostics. "Yet, a lack of clear implementation and interoperability standards by which EHR systems transact and manage laboratory data hampers the ability of physicians to experience fully the capabilities of different EHR solutions. The Quest Diagnostics Health IT Quality Solutions program builds on our expertise as the leading provider of diagnostic testing with significant capability in health information technologies. Through this program, we expect to help assure physicians that the EHR solution they choose will facilitate effective laboratory data interoperability and a quality experience meeting their clinical and business needs."
To date, 20 EHR solutions have been certified as Gold or Silver under the Health IT Quality Solutions Program. These are (listed alphabetically):
- Gold Certified: Aprima PRM; CompuGroup Medical LabDaq; eClinicalWorks ELINCS; Emdeon Clinician; HealthFusion MediTouch EHR; iSalus Healthcare OfficeEMR; LabSoft Lighting; Meditab IMS (Intelligent Medical Software); and Office Ally EHR.
- Silver Certified: Advanced Data Systems DocAssistant; Comtron Corporation Medgen EHR; CyFluent; Data Strategies MDSuite; E*Healthline Phoenix; iPatientCare EMR; MDLand iClinic System; NCG Medical Perfect Care EHRLite; OneTouch EMR, Orchard Software Harvest and Copia; Stratus EMR; Tecnex Systems; and VIP Medicine SmartClinic.
"Our 'freshman class' of Silver and Gold EHR solutions have achieved our criteria for high quality, and we expect to certify additional EHRs, including in the Platinum category, by the end of 2012. We are proud to welcome these exceptional vendors into our program," added Drake.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV