- Earnings growth is picking up. The company booked $2.60 a share in earnings for fiscal 2011 and is tracking to earn just over $2.90 a share in 2012. Consensus earnings estimates for 2013 are currently projected to be more than $3.30 a share.
- The stock is selling near the bottom of its five-year valuation range, based on its price-to-earnings, price-to-sales, price-to-book and price-to-cash-flow ratios.
- The median price target on Jacobs is $50 a share, per the 14 analysts that cover the company. Standard & Poor's has a "Buy" rating on the stock and recently raised its price target by $4 to $50.
- Revenue growth is projected to accelerate by more than 10% in fiscal 2013 after around a 6% increase in 2012. Jacobs shares sell for less than 13x forward earnings, a discount to their five-year average of 16.5x.
The Fall of Tech
Oct 22, 2012 | 06:00 AM EDT
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV